We are almost there! Countdown to 40 – Day #9 and 10 will be about ‘People Pleasing’ I’m breaking it up into 2 parts.
I’ve struggled with the desire to please almost all my life! I was in absolute bondage to the thoughts and opinions of others. For this post I want you to do determine if you are a people pleaser.
For the sake of these posts I’ll define what I mean by the term “people pleaser” = someone who seeks to please people above God and themselves. They seek to make people happy and will do so even if it means disobeying God and despite what they know is best for them! They seek their validation from people and feel incomplete without it.
How do you determine if you are a people pleaser? Ask yourself these questions and answer honestly:
- Do I have to check with someone else before I make a decision (Minor or Major)? If they say one thing, but you think another; do you immediately do what they say?
- Do you feel bad about not taking someone’s advice? Has this made you stop asking for advice to avoid feeling like others are running your life?
- Do you feel bad about telling people no, or that you don’t agree?
- Do you feel like your life is completely run by others and you don’t have a voice?
- Are you willing to do things that you consider to be wrong based on your morals and beliefs just to maintain certain relationships?
- Are you always succumbing to peer pressure (good or bad) but never able to push your peers to do what you want?
- When ready to step out and do something new or different, do you hesitate or stop because of worry of what others will think?
When you seek to please people over God you have made them an idol! Yep, it’s that serious. God is jealous and He is not gonna play second to anyone in your life. Don’t believe me., do a search on idols in one of your bible apps or concordance. You’ll see!!!!
You will never please people and you can’t receive validation from an idol! Your validation, worth, and value should only come from your Heavenly Father who created you and holds the blueprint for your life!
Stay tuned for Part 2!
One thought on “Countdown to 40 – Day #9”
This is great!